Does Your Skin Need Infrared Light?
The Benefits of Infrared Light Therapy
Choosing the best color treatment modes for your skin might be difficult with the wide variety of options available. Infrared light has undergone rigorous studies and is now FDA-cleared to provide multiple benefits to skin and health. In addition to reducing the appearance of aging on the skin, infrared light can also help relieve muscle tension, soreness and improve pain management.
What is Infrared?
On the electromagnetic spectrum, infrared light comes right after red light. It has light with wavelengths between 700 and 1200 nm, but the human eye cannot see it. It is a technology that is being added to saunas more frequently and is praised for its therapeutic effects. It is also gaining popularity in medi-spa and clinic settings as a promising anti-aging and skin rejuvenation treatment. Infrared light, which makes up a large portion of the sun's light spectrum, is essential for maintaining human health and supporting cellular life. We can enjoy the rejuvenating qualities of sunlight without the harmful and counterproductive consequences of UV radiation when infrared is employed in a clinical setting.
What is Infrared Used for?
Many of the advantages of red LED and near infrared are similar because they are on the same side of the electromagnetic spectrum. However, because of its longer wavelength, it may reach deeper into cells, offering additional therapeutic advantages like muscle and joint pain alleviation and cellular and tissue regeneration. Photobiomodulation is the practice of exposing the body to infrared radiation.
How does it compare to traditional LED light therapy?
Blue and red LED light treatment is well known for its capacity to superficially renew the skin. By going deeper into the skin and tissue, infrared takes things a step further and enables clinicians to treat delicate skin support structures that cause aging symptoms including wrinkles, thin, slack skin, and coarse skin. The production of new collagen and elastin proteins, which are essential for preserving firm, smooth, supple, and wrinkle-free skin, is stimulated by infrared radiation
What are the key benefits of Infrared Light Therapy?
The main advantages of near infrared therapy for persons seeking deep cellular restoration for their skin without discomfort, invasive procedures, or downtime are as follows:
- Stimulates the mitochondria, which in turn increases the creation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which supports healing, DNA repair, and cellular renewal.
- Quickens the healing of lesions and wounds by reducing skin and tissue irritation.
- Promotes the synthesis of collagen and elastin for firmer, suppler, and younger-looking skin.
- Increases cellular oxygenation and blood circulation, encouraging the release of harmful waste for a glowing, healthy complexion.
- Enhances the resilience, clarity, tone, and tonality of the skin overall.
- Can be coupled with Red LED treatment or used alone for advanced aging and skin rejuvenation.